Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This Made My Day!

It's funny how the Universe works; how it's ALWAYS listening to you! Ask and you shall receive!!! Today I was walking along Bloor street eating an apple and started to think, "Hey, I haven't had a good laugh today. Universe, I'd love to have a really good laugh. Please guide me to something that will crack me up." I kept walking and about 10 minutes later, I saw this boy, probably about 5 years old holding an icecream cone and screaming on the top of his lungs, "I wanted bubblegum icecream, not cotton candy icecream!!!" His mother was standing there with her arms crossed, with this unnerving half smile, shaking her head in disbelief. All of a sudden, this pigeon came flying into this boy's chest at top speed, knocking the boy back and causing him to drop his icecream cone on the ground! The pigeon then flew off and landed about 10 metres away... and went back to doing normal pigeon things (so I'm assuming he's ok.) But O M G, the look on this kid's face was priceless!!! I couldn't help but burst out laughing, and at the time I had a big mouthful of apple, so I almost choked on it! But it was totally worth it! I keep replaying the scene in my mind over and over again... and sometimes in slow motion because it makes it funnier!

Moral of the story: #1 Ask and you shall receive! The Law of Attraction works!

#2 If you tell the Universe you want to have a good laugh, do not eat anything while walking out and about unless you're ok to deal with the possibility of choking on your food.

#3 Pigeons are smarter than you think and not afraid to scare the crap out of you when you're being a whiny, little you-know-what! BEWARE!

5 comments:

  1. Wonder if the boy has gained any insight into the fact that having an ice cream cone, any ice cream cone, was a positive, and even the wrong flavor going away was worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! The universe responds very specifically to what we ask. Our thoughts and words carry energy, great story explaining this simple process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature really listens to us (We don't listen to Nature as much do we?). Also, the boy was better off without the synthetic chemicals ("flavours") in the ice cream so the pigeon did two things at once: make you laugh and save his system. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great gift of compassion!
    Haha, loved the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Parents (myself included) don't spend enough time teaching our children foundational values. Sometimes the Universe picks up our slack.

    ReplyDelete